14.5.09

Editting with Cat


One of my patient/fans wrote me "cat Basil helping me to edit. I decided to work with him because I find his aesthetic sense and knowledge of the history of cinema to be greater than most editors I have worked with." In the surface this picture depicts a "cute kitten" on a keyboard, one should always be careful of such called "cute" pets. I think the problem with my patient, is he has lost his role as mediator, by allowing the pet to take control of the keyboard, it is important that the mediator performs, and in this image , the mediator is no longer there, worse of all , my patient suffers from denial, he thinks the cat is helping him edit, when in fact the cat has taken full control of the situation. I do have to say I full agree that the cat has a greater aesthetic sense and cinematic knowledge definitely much more than my patient. Will keep you posted on patient's and cat's film progress. Think they were working on series called The Mind of the Assassin, episode one Bambi.

No comments:

Post a Comment